One of the biggest grudges in MMA history was settled (at least for the time being) on Saturday January 3rd as the UFC light heavyweight championship was contested between Daniel Cormier and reigning champ Jon Jones at UFC 182.
The early rounds between Jones and Cormier were closely contested with both men fighting in close quarters, throwing strikes inside the clinch for a good majority of the first fifteen minutes. However, once the championship rounds kicked in it became clear that the champ was taking control - taking the momentum of the fight and grinding down his bitter rival. The result was a clear decision win for Jones.
In the co-main event, top lightweight contender Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone handed rising talent Myles Jury the first official loss of his pro MMA career. Also Hector Lombard, Brad Tavares and Kyoji Horiguchi all made strong cases for themselves as contenders in their respective weight classes with clear decision wins.
See the full results below.
- Jon Jones def. Daniel Cormier by unanimous decision¬†
- Donald Cerrone def. Myles Jury by unanimous decision¬†
- Brad Tavares def. Nate Marquardt¬†by unanimous decision
- Kyoji Horiguchi def. Louis Gaudinot by unanimous decision¬†
- Hector Lombard de. Josh Burkman by unanimous decision¬†
- Paul Felder def. Danny Castillo¬†via KO (spinning backfist)¬†
- Cody Garbrandt¬†def.¬†Marcus Brimage via KO (punches)
- Shawn Jordan def. Jared Cannonier¬†via KO (punches)¬†
- Evan Dunham def. Rodrigo Damm via unanimous decision¬†
- Omari Akhmedov def. Mats Nilsson via unanimous decision¬†
- Marion Reneau def. Alexis Dufresne¬†via unanimous decision
- Font Size
- Reading Mode